Pregnant?? Congratulations!!!! Building your maternity WAR-drobe can be tough. Imagine going to an overcrowded mall when you already feel like throwing up all the time and what to say about the constant urge to pee!!! Shopping during pregnancy would have been a problem if we not living in internet age where everything reaches to your doorstep and all you have to do is browse and click- add to cart!
But it’s not that simple too, buying online no doubt saves a lot of time and effort but getting something that really fits you is not that easy.
Don’t worry, we have some ‘tailor-made’ tips that will help get just the right piece of clothing for you:
- Know your measurement- Sizes vary depending on the brand. If you were visiting a store you must have easily tried on a dress and known whether it fits you or not. But in case of online shopping, you don’t have that luxury. Not sure what to do? Get hold of your measuring tape and take note of your bust, waist and hip. If this is too much for you, just head to your local tailor and have her do it for you.
- Check the most suitable material- No denying that size is super important but knowing how a particular material feels on your skin is equally important. Since you can’t touch the fabric it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the fabric composition and texture. Check your closet for pieces you love the most, as well as anything that feels itchy or uncomfortable. Keep in mind the material compositions and use it as a reference point when shopping online.
- Read the reviews- Reviews can give us valuable information as they are first-hand user experiences. But beware of both 5-star and 1-star ratings. They tend to be biased. For a balanced review, check out the 3-star reviews which generally include both the pros and cons. It’s a great hack, try it!
- Don’t go for the name- As Shakespeare said “what’s in a name?”, believe it and follow it and do not trust the name of the colours mentioned online. Different brands might have a completely different colour palette and different names.
- Check the return policy before buying- Lastly, do not get disappointed if you don’t get the right colour or size you wanted even after visiting the store, reading the reviews and doing whatever you could possibly do. Familiarize yourself with the return policy. Things you should look for- free returns, whether or not you can make exchanges, return window, and will they charge a fee on return of the item.
If you’re still obsessing over that floral dress, go for it. HAPPY SHOPPING!!
For all pregnancy related information download Pregnancy Health, Diet and Fitness by Ango!