Proper diet includes a lot of fruits and vegetables as it increases body’s metabolism and also provides with all the necessary nutrients to keep the body healthy. It becomes even more important to have different kinds of fruits and vegetables when you are pregnant.
During this stage, the body goes through different metabolic changes. And to provide something as fuel for these changes to go on and to provide energy to both the baby and the mother, it is very important to have diet rich in nutrients.
As rightly said “An Apple a day keeps the doctor away” not that we are saying its 100% true but it definitely goes on to say the very fact that having fruits everyday will keep you away from the unnecessary round of the clinics and hospitals.
Vegetables and fruit are a cradle of different types of vitamins, minerals, fibres and proteins. These provide the foundation for the baby’s all round development and growth during the time of pregnancy. So it is very important for the family to see that the mother is getting appropriate diet.
Below is the list of some highly nutritious fruits and vegetables that are a must during pregnancy:
- Broccoli and dark green vegetables, such as kale and spinach, contain many of the nutrients that pregnant women need.
- It is difficult to get protein from vegetables but green pea contains very large amount of proteins. It is a very important diet for pregnant women who don’t eat meat.
- Beetroot is another very important vegetable as it has the capacity to purify blood during pregnancy and guards the baby from any kind of birth complications.
- Avocado is one fruit that is rich in folic acid. Since women need a lot of these during pregnancy it is always advisable to have this fruit.
- The king of all fruits Mango helps in digestion and also has a lot of Vitamin A and C which is very healthy for pregnant women.
- Lemon is also often used to aid digestion.
- Orange is loaded with lots of vitamins and nutrients.
Adding fruits and vegetables to your diet.
So basically there is no end to what you can eat during pregnancy but it is very important to know what you should eat during pregnancy and without any doubt vegetables and fruit are the building blocks and overall solution for mother and the baby’s overall development without any complications during pregnancy.
Below are the names of some of the common fruits and vegetables that are good for mother and baby during pregnancy and are easily available in India:
Fruits: Mango, Grapes, Guava, Kiwi, Pears, Papaya, Pineapple, Watermelon.
Vegetables: Green Peas, Lettuce (Leafy Ones), Spinach, Broccoli, Beets, Tomatoes, Sweet Potatoes.
To get more such pregnancy related information, download Ango Health app today.