Just thinking about massage during pregnancy might relieve you of stress. Massage is something that helps in bringing down the stress levels you are undergoing during pregnancy. It can also help in increasing the blood circulation and improves digestion. It also helps in decreasing swelling. Some massage therapist suggest that massage should be taken up after 12 weeks of pregnancy. Studies have also revealed that regular massages can decrease labour time.
Here are some tips to keep in mind while getting a massage done:
- After four months of pregnancy, it might become difficult for you to lie on your back because it will create pressure on your blood vessels. Ask your therapist to use pillows that would allow you to face the wall.
- Ask for an unscented lotion because it might trigger your nausea and turn you off. It can also stimulate uterine contractions
- Reflexology is a therapy in which pressure is applied on specific areas on feet and hands so it can help in easing out the swelling that you get due to pregnancy. But, your therapist should have knowledge about how to do your massage keeping in mind the .
Some benefits of massage during pregnancy are:
- It helps in reducing stress and also helps in improving the levels of hormones which tend to be low in women who are depressed.
- It reduces anxiety
- Massage gives room for relaxation which stimulates the mood of a pregnant woman
- It also gives you relief from nausea and heartburn
- Massage also helps in relaxing the muscles and further relieves joint pain.
- As massage helps in relieving stress which further results in improving your sleep
Consult your doctor or therapist before starting any regime.
To get more such pregnancy related information, download Ango Health app today.