You may lose sleep during pregnancy for a variety of reasons. Whatever the reason may be, it is important to understand that insomnia is not harmful to your baby. Insomnia during pregnancy is normal and affects approximately 78% of pregnant women.
What is insomnia?
Insomnia is the perception of inadequate or poor-quality sleep.
Inadequate sleep may be the result of one or more of the following:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up frequently during the night
- Difficulty returning to sleep
- Unrefreshing sleep
What causes insomnia during pregnancy?
- Discomfort due to the increased size of your abdomen
- Back pain
- Frequent urination during the night
- Anticipating the arrival of your baby
- Frequent and vivid dreams
- Hormonal changes
Source: American Pregnancy Association Promoting Pregnancy Wellness
To read more click here
To get more such pregnancy related information, download Pregnancy Health, Diet and Fitness App by Ango Health today.